A branch of the Molony family appear to have occupied Ballinahinch for some time in the 18th century. Occupied by Cornelius O'Callaghan in 1814 and 1837 and by his son Charles George in the mid to late 19th century. It is recorded as his seat in 1894. By 1906 Ballynahinch mansion house valued at £45 was in the possession of the Gore family. Weir writes that owners left when the "Troubles" began early in the 20th century and the house was vandalised. It was later demolished. The yard buildings remain and are still in use.