Local knowledge suggests that a house called Mount Baylee/Bailey existed in the late 18th century as its owners were instrumental in the eviction of tenants in the area. In 1837 it was the residence of H. Bayley. Occupied by Susannah Baylee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, who held it from Henry Thomas Baylee. The buildings were valued at £8. Weir writes that in the 20th century Miss Edie Baylee married the father of the architect Percy le Clerc. The house is still lived in.