An 18th century house of the Brown family held from the Westropps in the mid 19th century. The Browns were agents for the estate of George Westropp. Occupied by John Brown in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Weir writes that the Browns continued to own Clonboy until the death of Ernest George Brown in 1942. The house was then demolished.