A Blood Smyth property from the late 18th century, sold by the Blood Smyth to the Bloods of Ballykilty in the early 20th century. This house was occupied by Daniel Powell in 1814 but the Blood Smyths were in residence in the 1830s and 1850s. They appear to have held the property from Ralph Westropp. The mansion house of Castlefergus was in the possession of Reverend William Blood Smith in 1906. The Irish Tourist Association Survey File records that the house was demolished by the Irish Land Commission. Local sources suggest that it was damaged by fire during the War of Independence.