Edward Rae was in possession of Keel House at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Lewis records it as the seat of Giles Rae in 1837. Bary states this was originally a Langford House, possibly built as far back as the 1680s but with later modificiations. Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Langford in 1786. It passed by marriage to the Rae family with whom it remained until the twentieth century. It was sold but later re-purchased by the family and is still extant.