Warning: Your browser doesn't support all of the features in this Web site. Please view our accessibility page for more details.
|Description:||Richard Meredith was the owner of this property at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £30 15s. In 1786 Wilson notes Dick's Grove as the seat of Mr. Meredith. Both Leet in 1814, and Lewis, in 1837, refer to it as the seat of the Meredith family. In 1906 it was still owned by the Merediths and valued at £31 5s. Bary writes that this land, granted to the Herberts in the seventeenth century, passed to the Merediths through marriage some time later. The house was built sometime in the 1730s and remained in the Meredith family for 200 years, though Lyons notes that it was offered for sale but later withdrawn in 1855. The sale notice includes a lithograph of the house The estate was sold to the tenants in the 1930s. Dicksgrove was completely demolished but some of the stable buildings and gate lodges remain.|
|Poor Law Union:||Killarney|
|OS Sheet Number:||48|
|OSI Grid Reference:||Q967040|
|Latitude / Longitude:||
[ Google Earth ] [ Google Maps ]
[ show nearby ]