Charles Blennerhassett held this property in fee at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £9 15s. Lewis records Riverville as the seat of Richard Marshall in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Field Name Books record Riverville as the residence of Richard Marshall c.1840, describing it as "a thatched house of oblong shape". Bary states that the house was a seat of the Marshell family and believed to have been built by them in the eighteenth century. They remained there until the 1840s. Later in the nineteenth century it was associated with the Spring family It is still extant and occupied.