Robert M. Leeson was leasing this property to John Roche at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £13. In the 1830s, the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books record Lady Franks as the owner of the townland and John Roche occupying the house. In 1786 Wilson refers to Ballymacadam as a seat of the Earl of Glandore. Bary states that the house had a number of owners since its construction in the eighteenth century. It is still extant and occupied.