At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Richard B. Neynoe was leasing property at Ballysumaghan, barony of Tirerrill, to Henry Griffith, when it was valued at £30. Johnston states that Griffith changed its name to Ballysumaghan House. In 1906 it was the property of M.F.B. Stack. The house was stripped and the contents auctioned in the 1930s. Castle Neynoe was a ruin for many years but began to be restored in 2007.