Hogan writes that the building of Firgrove was begun by Thomas, son of Thady O'Halloran, the diarist, and completed by John MacMahon of Knockane. John Peter Kelly took over the house from MacMahon. In 1851 Eliza, daughter of John Scott of Firgrove, married George Fosbery of Clorane, county Limerick. The house was occupied by Charles Butler in the mid 19th century who held the property from John Kelly. It was valued at £35. The house was demolished in the 1920s.