Richard Chute was leasing Spring Hill to Penelope Chute at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £23. Bary notes that Richard Chute enlarged and extended an existing house here in 1816. Lewis records the house as the seat of Captain Chute in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books note that the original house was thatched but the house existing in the 1830s was "two stories high and neatly built". In the later nineteenth century, the Linden family, agents to the Chutes occupied Spring Hill and remained into the twentieth century. It is now ruined and overgrown.