Rev. Arthur Rowan was leasing this property to Hastings Peate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £20 15s. Lewis records it as the seat of Francis Peet in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Name Books mention that it was the residence of Francis Peet, "of old appearance, built about a century ago". In 1814 Leet notes it as the seat of John Bolton. In 1786 Wilson refers to Arabella as a seat of Mr. Blennerhassett. Bary states that the house was built in the eighteenth century by the Blennerhassetts but that it was lived in by the Rowan family until the mid-nineteenth century. The Peate family occupied it from then until the 1970s. It is still extant.