Catherine Day was leasing this property to Richard Murphy at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £15. In 1786 Wilson refers to "Lower-cannon" as "formerly the seat of Rev. Mr. Day, accidentally destroyed by fire". The Ordnance Survey Name Books describe it as the seat of Edward Orpen but originally built by the Day family. Lohercannan is referred to in the Irish Tourist Association Survey of the 1940s as "another building that would be worht a visit".The second house also seems to have been held by the Days but leased out to other families including the Morrises and Eagers. It was demolished to make way for housing in the 1960s.