Johnston states that Lakeview House was built sometime in the 1780s. It is recorded as a seat of the Weir family throughout the nineteenth century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was held by the representatives of William Weir and was valued at £10. Johnston asserts that the house was sold in 1863 and was occupied in the 1870s by Bernard Cogan. It is no longer extant.