A house in the town of Ennis, named Abbeyfield on the first Ordnance Survey map and Abbeyville by Samuel Lewis. In 1786 Wilson mentions that Lord Chief Justice Paterson had a residence in Ennis town. By the early 19th century it was being leased to Thomas Crowe. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the house was valued at £44 and was occupied by Wainwright Crowe who held it from Marcus Patterson. In the late 20th century it was used as a Garda station.