Charles Sugrue was in possession of this property at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £15. In 1906 it was owned by the representatives of Edward Sugrue. Bary states that there was originally an O'Sullivan castle at this site, on to which a house was built by John Sugrue in the 1820s. The Sugrue family later moved to Cork and the house was used for some years as the local Catholic presbytery. It is now a ruin.