Lewis records that Dr. Taylor was occupying a property adjacent to the ruined castle at Dunkerron in 1837. In 1814, Leet refers to Dunkerrin Castle as the seat of George Cashell. At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, Joseph Taylor was leasing a property there valued at £16 15s from Deane Freeman. Bary states that Joseph Taylor was an agent for the Landsdowne estate. The Taylor property then passed to Dr. Thomas Taylor who built Dunkerron House. In 1906 this was the property of Sir John C. Columb and valued at £22. The property is still extant but extensive housing development has taken place in the demesne.