Rev. William Bourke was leasing Heathfield from the Palmer estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was valued at £16. Slater notes Heathfield House as the seat of Major W.H. Bourke in 1894. In 1927 the Bourkes moved to county Meath and the house was sold to the Brices, who owned it until 1932. Some ruins of the original house remain.