At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, Cullenagh House was occupied by Kean Mahony when it was valued at £22. Lewis records it as the seat of Kean Mahony in 1837 as does Leet in 1814. In 1906 it was the property of Thomas McDonagh Mahony and valued at £18. Bary states that this house was probably built by the Mahonys towards the end of the 18th century. It was still extant but uninhabited towards the end of the twentieth century.