In 1854 when the estate was offered for sale by Thomas James Meredith the house was described as "a good slated dwelling-house..somewhat out of repair, but with a little outlay, it could be made very comfortable". In 1906 Dr. Henry Tweedy was the owner of buildings valued at £50 at the site. Following the departure of the Tweedy family the property was used as a sanitorium and later a retreat centre. McTernan notes that the original house was demolished in 1976 and replaced by modern buildings. Most of the site is now occupied by a Health Service facility.