At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Mrs. Ormsby Gore was leasing this property to William Wilson. It was then valued at £12. At the same time Ruttledge Burrowes was leasing a property valued at £4 with over 140 acres of land from the Ormsby Gore estate. Johnston states that a "model farm" was established here in the later nineteenth century. This townland is mentioned as Clooshire, in 1906, when George Ormsby Gore was the owner of the property but there is no valuation given for buildings at that time. It was subsequently lived in by the St. Lawrence family.