Arthur Mahony was leasing a property valued at almost £4 from the Kenmare estate at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. In 1906 it was part of the Kenmare estate and valued at £5 5s. Bary states that this house, very close to the lake shore, was built by James Mahony, of the Dunloe Castle family, in the latter half of the 18th century. In the 1930s, it was still part of the Kenmare estate and Lord Castlerosse supervised the building of Killarney Golf Club here. The original house was demolished to make room for a new clubhouse.