At the time of Griffith’s Valuation, James O’Connell was leasing the property from the Herbert estate when it was valued at £13. Lewis calls the house Lakeville in 1837. Leet also mentions a house called Lakeville in 1814 which he refers to as the residence of Francis Russell. Bary states that the existing house was built by James O’Connell in 1870 after he was made a Baronet but that there was an earlier house here also. The latter is mentioned as the residence of Mr. O'Connell in the Ordnance Survey Name Books of the 1830s. It was built in 1740 and located in the southern end of the townland. In 1894 Slater refers to Lakeview as the residence of Sir Maurice J. O'Connell. The house is still extant.