Lady Headley was in possession of Aghadoe House at the time of Griffith’s Valuation when it was valued at £53. It is mentioned as " a very fine building, densely shaded with trees" in the Ordnance Survey Name Books of the 1830s. Bary, quoting the Name Books, states that it was built in 1828 at a cost of £12,000 though the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage states that it was probably redesigned in the 1860s. It was the seat of Lord Headley in 1894. The house was burnt in 1922 but re-built to the same plan. The Irish Tourist Association survey noted in 1943 that it was then the property of Robin Hilliard and was being extensively renovated. It is now the Killarney International Youth Hostel.