A home of the Ross Lewin family in the 18th and early 19th centuries. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of J. RossLewin. Occupied by Mr Evans in 1814 and by Daniel O'Grady in 1837 and held by Major William Ball in fee in the 1850s, when the buildings were valued at over £32. Bence Jones writes that Major Ball purchased Fortfergus in 1855 in the Encumbered Estates' Court. Weir writes that the house was burnt down in the 1920s. The remaining staff quarters have been turned into a residence and the farm buildings are still in use.