In 1786 Wilson writes that Scurmore House was the seat of Mr. Nisbett. Later, in the nineteenth century it became a seat of the Wingfields. In the 1830s it is described as undergoing repairs but the family were again occupying it by 1857. The house is recorded as the property of S.L. Lewis in 1906 when it was valued at £37. McTernan states that the house was demolished in the mid twentieth century. A later house now exists at the site but the original outbuildings are still intact.