In 1786 Wilson notes Cavetown as the seat of the Rev. Dean Mahon and the Reverend Arthur Mahon resided there in 1814. At the time of the first Ordnance Survey a ''gentleman's seat of two stories'' is noted in Cavetown. Guy Lloyd is recorded as the proprietor. This may be the property, valued at £5, leased from the Lloyd estate by Geo. Laird at the time of Griffith's Valuation. There are buildings still extant at this site.