McTernan notes that Battlefield was built for the Knott family in the early nineteenth century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation James Knott occupied the property, then valued at £20. Both Leet in 1814 and Lewis in 1837 record Battlefield as a residence of the Knott family. In the later nineteenth century the house passed into the ownership of the Robinson family, descendents of the Knotts. with whom it remained until the 1940s. It was sold and subsequently demolished.