Errit Lodge, valued at £12, was the residence of Fitzstephen French at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It is recorded as Lough Errit by Lewis in 1837 when the Ordnance Survey Name books describe it as " a well built house, two stories high and slated with detached offices". Slater refers to it as the seat of Hon. Charles French in 1894. In 1814 Errit is recorded as the residence of John Barlow. The Census of Elphin in 1749 also records it as a residence of W. Barlow. A modernised and derelict building now occupies the lakeshore site.