In 1786 Wilson refers to "Moore-field" as the seat of Mr. Moore. Leet's Directory records 'Moorfield' as an 'unoccupied seat' in 1814. The house appears, however, to have become known as Moorbrook as it is thus labelled on the Ordnance Survey maps. Henry Wills held Moorbrook at the time of the sale in 1854. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, it is described as a "herd's house" and occupied by Francis O'Grady. It is labelled as "in ruins" on the 25-inch Ordnance survey map of the 1890s. A modern house has been constructed near the site.