Carrowpadden House is marked on the Taylor and Skinner map of 1778. In 1786 Wilson refers to it as the seat of Mr. Higgins. A herd's house occupied by Thomas Higgins who held it from James Higgins is recorded in the townland of Carrowpadden East at the time of Griffith's Valuation. It was valued at almost £5. This property appears to have been built after the first Ordnance Survey map was published. There is still a house extant at the site.