Lewis records the Carrig family as residennt at Ballylee Castle in 1837. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Patrick Carrick was leasing a herd's house, old castle and land from William Gregory at Ballylee, barony of Kiltartan. The property was valued at £5 at the time. In the early century Ballylee Castle was bought and renovated by the poet, W.B. Yeats. After falling into disrepair again it was acquired by the Office of Public Works as a museum to the poet. It was severely damaged by flooding in 2009 and is not currently open to the public.