The 1st edition Ordnance Survey map indicates a house located a short distance to the north of the site of Aughrim Castle. Lewis records Aughrim Castle as the seat of R. Stanford in 1837. In 1786 Wilson mentions "Aghrim, the seat of the Rev. Mr. Ward". At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Robert Standord was leasing a property from the Handy estate, valued at £15, and which included a mill. It is no longer extant.