At the time of Griffith's Valuation Frenchpark was owned by Rev. John Ffrench, Lord de Freyne and was valued at £60. In the 1749 Census of Elphin it was the residence of Arthur and Lady French. In 1786 Wilson described it as "a most beautiful seat with extensive and noble demesnes". It was demolished in the twentieth century.
Members of the French family were buried in the graveyard surrounding the ruins of Frenchpark Priory.