In 1786 Wilson refers to Blindwell as the seat of Mr. Kirwan. It was held in fee by Martin S. Kirwan at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at almost £18. A fireplace still marks the site of the house which was demolished in the early 20th century. After 1900 this property was owned by the Websters, Nolans and now by the Fair family. Part of Blindwell also belonged to the Agricultural Institute.