An 18th century house which was originally the seat of the Bermingham family, Barons Athenry and Earl of Louth. Occupied by Richard D'Arcy in 1814 and uninhabited in 1837. It was leased to John Irwin Dennis the following year and bought by him in 1851 from Clifford Trotter. Since then the house has been the home of the related families of Dennis, O'Rorke and Cusack Smith. The house and demesne were advertised for sale early in 2007. The Clonbrock Estate Papers, Collection List 54 in the National Library contain early 19th century rentals of the Bermingham estate.