A house at this site was occupied by the Joyces in the 1770s and in 1814. It is shown on the first edition Ordnance Survey map at M466578. The porperty was later acquired by the Browne family and is labelled Browne's Grove on the 25-inch map of the 1890s. A modern house is located in front of the site of the nineteenth century house. The impressive entrance gates still remain.