Built in the 1830s, Quarrymount [also known as Kilcloony] was the home of the Bodkin family in the latter half of the 19th century and is reputed to have replaced an early home in the nearby townland of Ardnagall. The house was leased to Edward O'Kelly in 1881 for 31 years. By the early 20th century it was in the hands of the Congested Districts' Board and passed onto the Land Commission who sold the house and 220 acres to the Gordon family. In 1971 Henry Gordon sold the house and remaining 20 acres. The house has been extensively renovated in the early 21st century by the Costellos.