At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Christopher Usher was leasing buildings including a mill, valued at £25, to William Usher, in the townland of Kilgerrill, barony of Clonmacnowen. Earlier, in 1837, "The Lodge" in the parish of Kilgerrill was recorded by Lewis as the seat of William Usher. Described by the Ordnance Survey Name Books as "in good repair", it was then the residence of J. Usher. A house still exists at the site.