- An estate in the parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo leased from the Bishop of Tuam from the mid 18th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Elwoods held four townlands in the parish. Most of the Elwood estate of 621 acres was sold to Sir Arthur Guinness in 1871. The Irish Times reported that the sales realised over £21,000. This branch of the Elwood family were related to the well known collector of Japanese folklore, Lafcadio Hearn.
- An estate in the parish of Shrule, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, in the possession of the Lynch family from the 1670s. It was originally held on a lease from the Earls of Clanricarde. The Lynches of Ballycurrin shared a common ancestor with the Lynches of Petersburg. In 1876 the estate amounted to 1,438 acres in county Mayo and the island of Inchiquin, 229 acres in the parish of Killursa, barony of Clare, county Galway. Bernard O'Flaherty was agent for the island in the 1830s. The last Lynch proprietor died in 1897 and the estate passed to the Clarkin family who sold it to the Congested Districts Board on 14 Jan 1914.