- Catherine Penelope Jones was a lessor of land in several townlands in Drumreilly parish as well as elsewhere in county Leitrim, in 1856. She owned over 9000 acres in county Leitrim including the town of Ballinamore and resided at Hayle-place, Maidstone, Kent in 1876. Property in and near the town of Ballinamore, leased by the Jones Estate, was offered for sale in the Landed Estates' Court by Mary Anne Heran and others, in April 1870. Two sisters of Catherine Penelope Jones of Headford married members of the Marsham family, Earls of Romney, and she was succeeded by her nephew George Marsham.
In the 1850s Drumard House in the parish of Mohill was being leased by Rev. Thomas Jones to William Jones. Rev. Thomas Jones is also listed as the owner of over 700 acres in county Leitrim in the 1870s. Thomas H. Jones and Theophilus B. Jones, both of Drumard, served as High Sheriffs of Leitrim in 1822 and 1835 while members of the Jones of Headford family served as High Sheriffs over ten times in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries. McParlan records that Theophilus Jones was a non-resident proprietor in Leitrim in 1802.