- In the 1870s, Henry Gallwey, resident in Waterford city, owned over 250 acres in county Waterford and over 400 acres in county Kilkenny. Edward Gallwey was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilrossanty, barony of Decies-without-Drum, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In February 1853, almost 200 acres owned by Anne Galwey in the parish of Ballylaneen, barony of Decies-without-Drum were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The Freeman's Journal reported that it was sold to "Joseph Donnell, a Liverpool merchant " for £2575. Later that year over 2000 acres of Edward Gallwey's estate near Dungarvan was offered for sale.