- In the mid 19th century John Brindley held land in the parishes of Ballynaclogh (from the Very Reverend Dean Head) and Kilmore (from Lord Dunalley), in the barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary. Samuel Brindley also held land in the parish of Kilmore from Lord Dunalley. The Brindleys were engaged in the grain milling industry.
- The Head family descend from Michael Head, Sheriff of the city of Waterford in 1672 and Mayor in 1684. His son, John, married Elizabeth, daughter and heir of Samuel Wade of Derry, county Tipperary. Their two grandsons were Michael, of Derry Castle and John, of Ashley Park. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Reverend John Head, Dean of Killaloe (third son of Michael), held three townlands in the parish of Ballynaclogh, barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary while William H. Head, held an estate in the barony of Lower Ormond, parishes of Dorrha, Lorrha, Modreeny and Templeachally. In 1815 Reverend John had married Susan, daughter of Edward Hawke Darby of the Leap Castle family. The estate of Edward Head at Ballykinash and Turlough, barony of Upper Ormond was advertised for sale in July 1864. Ballykanash was advertised again in February 1877. The Irish Times reported the purchase of this lot by Adam Mitchell for over £4000. In the 1870s Henry Darby Head of Ballyquiveen, Nenagh, owned 941 acres in county Tipperary. John Head of Ashley Park, married Phoebe Toler, sister of the 1st Earl of Norbury, and had a son, Lieutenant General Michael Head of Modreeney House, who was succeeded in 1827 by his only child, William Henry Head of Derrylahan Park, Parsonstown. William H. Head bought the Walsh estate in the late 1850s and built Derrylahan Park in 1862. Some of his property was sold in the Landed Estates Court in June 1869. It was purchased in trust by Mr.Mitchell. William H. Head owned 2,330 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s.