Trinity College, Dublin, Provost & Fellows (Munster)
- In 1666 the Provost, Fellows and Scholars of Trinity College, Dublin, were granted a total of 61,017 acres in the counties of Limerick, Kerry, Tipperary, Cork and Waterford. Most of this land, 54,479 acres, was in county Kerry. The College's estates in county Kerry amounted to over 10,000 acres in the 1870s, including lands in the parish of Rattoo, barony of Clanmaurice and the village of Ballylongford, barony of Iraghticonnor. An offer was made by the Congested Districts Board on over 9600 acres of the College's county Kerry estate after 1909. The College owned 979 acres in county Limerick in the 1870s. In the mid 19th century this property, which was in the parish of Kilmoylan, barony of Shanid, was leased to John Cantillon Heffernan. In Griffith's Valuation the Provost and Fellows of Trinity College, Dublin, are recorded as the the immediate lessors of land in the parishes of Dungourney, barony of Imokilly, county Cork and Bruis and Clonbeg, barony of Clanwilliam, county Tipperary. In the 1870s they owned 893 acres in county Tipperary.
- The Harden family appear to have been established in the Borrisoleigh area of county Tipperary from at least the early 18th century. A mid 19th century edition of Burke's Landed Gentry gives a short history of the Harden family of Crea, King's County, descended from John Harden of Borrisoleigh, eldest son of Samuel Harden. The Harden family had marriage connections with the Cooke and Bradshaw families. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Thomas H. Harden held at least seven townlands in the parish of Glenkeen, barony of Kilnamanagh Upper, county Tipperary. The 1,184 acre estate in the barony of Eliogarty and 253 acres at Gurthagarry, barony of Upper Ormond, of Samuel John Harden, administrator of Thomas Hawkesworth Harden and other Harden family members, was advertised for sale in November 1871. The Harden estate was held from the Provost and Fellows of Trinity College, Dublin and from George Fawcett. One lot was sold to Robert Roe and another to William Sullivan, in trust. In the mid 1870s Samuel H. Harden of Dublin owned 941 acres in county Tipperary and the representatives of Thomas Harden, Borrisoleigh, owned 534 acres.
Fawcett (Co Tipperary)
- George Fawcett, son of George, born in county Tipperary, entered Trinity College, Dublin in 1833, aged 16. In the mid 19th century George Fawcett held an estate mainly in the parish of Aghnameadle, barony of Upper Ormond, county Tipperary, but also in the parishes of Kilruane, Latteragh and Templederry, same barony and Cullenwaine, barony of Ikerrin. 134 acres at Annameadle and Ballybeg, barony of Upper Ormond, leased to John Meagher in 1852 by George Fawcett were advertised for sale in April 1861, the estate of Mary Anne Meagher. In July 1874 the estate of the Reverend John Fawcett, over 3,000 acres in the baronies of Upper Ormond, Eliogarty and Ikerrin, was advertised for sale with 87 acres in King's County (Offaly) and 195 acres in county Donegal. Some lots were sold in January 1875, the purchasers included William Cleary and Archibald Robinson. The Reverend John Fawcett of St John's Park, Blackheath, London, owned 2,808 acres in county Tipperary in the mid 1870s.