- In the late 17th century Stephen Moore purchased the Kilworth estate in county Cork. In the 1940s local sources suggested to the Irish Tourist Association surveyor that Moore had purchased it from the Fleetwoods for £600. His grandson, also Stephen Moore, was created Viscount Mountcashell of the city of Cashell in 1766. The Viscount's son became the Earl of Mountcashell in 1781. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Earl of Mountcashell's estate was located in the parishes of Clondulane, Kilcrumper, Kilworth and Macroney, barony of Condons and Clangibbon, county Cork and in the parish of Shanrahan, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary. An estate of 3,971 acres in the barony of Condons and Clangibbon belonging to the Earl was advertised for sale in November 1854. The Freeman's Journal reported that Charles Hunt had purchased some of the Earl of Mountcashel's estate in Clonmel and in county Cork in 1855. The Earl's life interest in 7,160 acres in the barony of Condons and Clangibbon was advertised in March 1864. Later that year the Earl's life interest in 3,873 acres in the barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary, was advertised for sale. Lands in the baronies of Orrery and Kilmore and Condons and Clangibbons, belonging to Stephen, Earl of Mountcashell, assignee of William Crofts, a bankrupt and others were advertised for sale in May 1856. In the 1870s he owned 5,961 acres in county Cork and 94 acres in county Tipperary. The 3rd Earl's second son ,Charles William Moore, married Charlotte Smyth of Ballynatray, county Waterford in 1848 and in 1858 assumed the additional name of Smyth. He later became the 5th Earl Mountcashell. The remains of the Moorepark demesne and estate were purchased in 1903 by the War Department from Lady Harriette Holroyd Smyth, daughter of the 5th Earl Mountcashell.
In the 1870s Edward G. Moore of Windsor, England, owned 1,082 acres in county Tipperary. The Reverend Edward George Moore, canon of Windsor, was the second son of the 2nd Earl of Mountcashell and died in 1876. He was the father of the 6th Earl.
- The Percevals were related to the Perceval family of Temple House, county Sligo and descend from the Very Reverend William Perceval, Archdeacon of Cashel and Dean of Emly. In 1809 the Reverend Willliam Perceval of Kilmore Hill, county Waterford, married Anne Maxwell of Finnebrogue, county Down. In 1839, their eldest son, Robert Perceval Maxwell, married Helena Anne, only daughter and heiress of William Moore of Moore Hill, county Waterford, nephew of the 1st Earl Mountcashel. William Moore owned land in the parishes of Glanworth, barony of Fermoy and Clondulane, barony of Condons and Clangibbon, county Cork at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Robert Percival Maxwell of Groomsport House, Belfast, owned 695 acres in county Cork, 2,353 acres in county Tipperary, over 8,000 acres in county Down and a smaller estate in county Meath. His younger brother, William John Perceval Maxwell, inherited Moore Hill. In 1906 he was the owner and the house was valued at £37. The Tipperary estate originally belonged to the Maynards and passed through the possession of the Foulke and Moore families to the Perceval Maxwells.
Moore (Moorehill & Sapperton)
- In 1851 William Moore was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilwatermoy, barony of Coshmore & Coshbride, county Waterford. He also held an estate in the parishes of Grangemockler, Templemichael, barony of Slievardagh, Colman and Killeenasteena, barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary. The introduction to the Perceval Maxwell Papers in PRONI states that the Tipperary estate amounted to 2,353 acres and the Waterford one to 2,251 acres. William was a son of William Moore, a nephew of the 1st Earl of Mountcashel. In 1839 his sister Helena married Robert Perceval Maxwell and the Perceval Maxwells eventually inherited the Moore estate. Stephen Moore was among the principal lessors in the parish of Inishlounaght, barony of Glenahiry, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He owned over 160 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s.