Usher/Ussher (Cappagh & Camphire, Co Waterford)
- Beverly Usher was granted 1,295 acres in the barony of Imokilly, county Cork in 1667. Sadleir refers to a later Beverley Ussher "of Canty", who, in 1750, married Melian Roach, daughter of James Roach. On 13 March 1863 an estate of 1,260 acres in the baronies of Decies without Drum, Coshmore and Coshbride, county Waterford including 271 acres at Ballinvoher, barony of Imokilly, county Cork, belonging to Arthur and John Ussher was advertised for sale. Over 1500 acres had previously been advertised in May 1854. Arthur Ussher was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Kilwatermoy, barony of Coshmore and Coshbride, and Kinsalebeg, barony of Decies-within-Drum and Dungarvan, barony of Decies-without-Drum, in 1851. Both Arthur and Christopher Ussher held townlands in the parish of Lismore and Mocollop at the same time. Richard Ussher was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Colligan and Whitechurch, barony of Decies-without-Drum. Between March 1863 and May 1864 over 8000 acres of the Ussher estate was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. Detailed descriptions of the estate include the assertion that "there is not at present a single pauper from the entire estate in the workhouse". The Irish Times reported that the purchasers included Messers.Bushe, Fisher, Parker, Slattery, Woodroffe and the Duke of Devonshire.
In 1942 the ITA suvey recorded the demense as being of about 500 acres in extent.
- Morris notes that the Keilys appear as a gentry family in west Waterford in the early eighteenth century. Sarah Keily married Arthur Ussher of Cappagh in 1745. Sadleir refers to Richard Keily of Lismore, married to a Miss Ussher and John Keily of Tyrcullen, married to a Miss Bagwell, in 1775. Other members of the family married into the Musgrave, Keane and Alcock families. By 1850 John Keily was the principal lessor in the parish of Kilcockan, barony of Coshmore Coshbride, county Waterford. In 1856 and 1857 over 5000 acres of his property was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. The sale notice includes a lithograph of Strancally Castle. An adjourned lot, Ballyphillip, was offered for sale in January 1860. Lands at Newport East and West, part of the original Strancally estate, purchased by Patrick Michael O'Keeffe in 1856, were offered for sale by his son, Michael Joseph O'Keeffe in 1868. In the 1870s, John Keily, with an address at Loughlinstown, Dublin, was the owner of over1400 acres in county Waterford. The Keily continued to be associated with the Dungarvan area into the twentieth century, especially in relation to bloodstock rearing.