Wright (Co Cork)
- In 1666 Willliam Wright was granted 839 acres in the barony of East Carbery, county Cork. The estate expanded over time but over 1400 acres was offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court in February 1860. This sale included lands in the baronies of West Muskerry and West Carbery as well as Lurriga Mill. Over 700 acres, the property of Samuel Digby Wright and Henry Wilson Wright (deceased) as well as interest in Lurriga Mill, were offered for sale in the Court in October 1874. In the 1870s Digby Wright of Bandon owned 715 acres, Henry Wright of Cashefane, Durrus, and Thomas R. Wright of Clonakilty owned 1,257 acres in county Cork. The representatives of Rev. Richard Wright held over 800 acres in county Cork in the 1870s.
Wright (Co Tipperary)
- The ancestor of this family settled in county Tipperary in the mid 17th century and a junior branch moved to county Cork. John Wright of Cloneen married Sarah Markham of county Kilkenny. He died in 1766 having disinherited both his sons, John and Abbe Bernard of Paris, for becoming Catholics. In 1761 John junior married Catherine Shee who eventually succeeded to the Shee of Cloran, county Tipperary estate. They had three sons Bernard of Clonmel, Richard of Fethard and John of Compsey Cottage. Griffith's Valuation records Richard Wright holding land in the parish of Kilvemnon, barony of Slievardagh. In November 1861, property owned by John Bernard Wright in the baronies of Glenahiry, county Waterford and Iffa and Offa East, county Tipperary, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. It was sold to Messers. Toole and Findlater [in trust].