- The Newenhams were settled in county Cork since the mid seventeenth century when John Newenham served as High Sherriff of the City. In 1698 Alderman John Newenham bought Loghanemore and other lands from Henry Earl of Romney, formerly part of the estate of Ignatius Gould, attainted. John Newenham bought Coolmore from the Hodder family. Rev. Edward Henry Newenham of Coolmore, Carrigaline, owned over 2700 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He was among the principal lessors in the parishes of Carrigaline and Killanully, barony of Kerrycurrihy and St Nicholas and St Finbarrs, barony of Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In April 1857 his fee farm rents on 1,450 acres in the barony of Cork were advertised for sale. The purchasers of the lots that were sold included Messers. Nolan and Daunt. In May 1860 his fee farm rents on over 2,700 acres in the baronies of Barrymore, Duhallow and Cork were advertised for sale. George Newenham held land in the parish of Caherlag, barony of Barrymore. At the same time an estate in the parishes of Croom, Killeenoghty and Monasteranenagh, barony of Pubblebrien, county Limerick, was held by - Newingham. In the 1870s William Henry Newenham of Monkstown, county Dublin, owned 1,591 acres in county Limerick. Henry W. Newenham held land in the parishes of Ballyspillane and Inchinabacky, barony of Barrymore, county Cork. His estate amounted to 307 acres in the 1870s.
- The Newenhams were established in county Cork from the early 17th century. This branch of the family was descended from Richard Newenham, a Cork merchant, who built Maryborough, in the early 18th century. In 1801 Simon White, brother of the 1st Earl of Bantry, married Sarah, daughter of John Newenham of Maryborough. His sister Helen married Richard Devonsher Newenham of Maryborough. She died in 1808 in childbirth. The Whites were children of Simon White and Frances Jane Hedges Eyre (see Peerage). Richard Devonshire Newenham died in 1835, aged 72. He was a brother-in-law of Viscount Gort. Henrietta, daughter of John Devonsher Newenham, married a Townshend in 1784. Griffith's Valuation records the Reverend Edward Eyre Newenham holding land in the parishes of Ballydeloher, barony of Barrymore and Carrigaline, barony of Cork. In county Tipperary Edward Newingham held land in the parishes of Kilbragh, St Patricksrock and Tullamaine, barony of Middlethird. In November 1865 the estate of Edward Eyre Newenham amounting to over 1,600 acres in the barony of Cork, premises in the city of Cork and over 780 acres in the barony of Middlethird, county Tipperary, were advertised for sale. The county Tipperary lands were held on a lease dated 1702 from James, Duke of Ormonde, to Andrew Roe. In the 1870s Edward Eyre Newenham of Maryborough owned 500 acres in county Cork, 238 acres in county Limerick and 742 acres in county Tipperary.
- Sir Edward Newenham was the third son of William Newenham of Coolmore, county Cork. in 1754 he married Grace Anne Burton and had 18 children. His eldest son Edward Worth Newenham died in 1832. In the mid 19th century another Edward Worth Newenham held an estate in the parishes of Aglishcloghane, Ballingarry, Lorrha and Terryglass, barony of Lower Ormond. In May 1853 the estate of Edward Worth Newenham in the baronies of Upper and Lower Ormond and Owney and Arra, amounting to 11,479 acres was advertised for sale.