- Mrs. Ellen Alleyn was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Kilkerranmore, barony of Ibane & Barryroe, county Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Almost 300 acres of her property in that barony was offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in August 1853. In April 1875 the Alleyne estate at Ballyvacky (circa 300 acres), barony of Ibane and Barryroe, was again offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court.
The Alleyns were established near Golden in county Tipperary from the mid 18th century. In April 1872 the lands of Cooleprivane (771 acres), in the barony of Iffa and Offa, the estate of Edward Michael Duffy and William Henry Alleyne, a minor, held on a lease from Walter Atkin to John Alleyn dated 1779, were advertised for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The lease was last renewed in 1842 Gertrude Atkin to Ellen Alleyn. The Irish Times reports that this property was sold in trust to William and Thomas Russell. Thomas P. Power refers to Alleyn of Golden maintaining 2,000 sheep on 1,200 acres in the 1770s.