- The Baldwin family in Cork were the descendents of Elizabethan settlers in the Bandon area. The representatives of William B. Baldwin of Glandore owned over 2300 acres in county Cork in the 1870s. He had been among the principal lessors in the parish of Skull, barony of West Carbery and Rathbarry, barony of Ibane & Barryroe, at the time of Griffith's Valuation.
Baldwin (West Muskerry)
- The Baldwins of county Cork descend from two brothers, Elizabethan settlers, in the Bandon locality. One branch purchased the estate of Clohenna, parish of Kilnamartry, barony of West Muskerry, from Valentine Greatrakes of county Waterford in 1678. In 1689 Herbert Baldwin of Cloheena married Mary Hungerford and from them descend the Baldwins of the barony of West Muskerry. Later generations married with members of the Langton family of county Limerick, O'Connells of Derrynane and the Minhears. Herbert Baldwin, Medical Doctor, was Member of Parliament for the city of Cork in the 1830s. His daughter, Mary Anne, married John O'Sullivan of Bere. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Herbert MD, Henry and William Baldwin, held lands in the parishes of Ballyvourney, Kilnamartery, Kilmichael and Kilmurry, barony of West Muskerry. In October 1855, the house at Lissardagh and lands in the baronies of Kinalmeaky, East Carbery and West Muskerry, the property of William Baldwin, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. Over 850 acres, the estate of John Baldwin in the parish of Kilmichael, were advertised for sale in April 1856 in the court.
Baldwin (Mount Pleasant)
- Henry Baldwin was among the principal lessors in the parish of Templemartin, barony of Kinalmeaky, county Cork, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The representatives of William Baldwin held townlands in the parish of Kinneigh, barony of East Carbery at that time. In October 1857, lands in the barony of Kinalmeaky, originally part of the estate of Henry Baldwin, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court. In June 1862, lands at Lisnagat, barony of Kinalmeaky,owned by Herny McCarthy, were offered for sale in the Landed Estates Court. The original lease was from the Baldwin estate.
In the 1870s, the representatives of James Baldwin of Mount Pleasant, owned over 3000 acres in the county. The representatives of Samuel Baldwin held over 300 acres.